Saturday, March 15, 2014

Chocolate blueberry muffins

Tanner and I have both been sick for the past like two weeks and now we are finally feeling better and I got the hankering to bake. I've had a package of frozen blueberries in the freezer forever so what better than chocolate blueberry muffins!?


makes 12-15 muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons oats
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
In a bowl, combine sifted flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, oats and mix until combined. Using a whisk (I prefer to use a fork), stir in the egg, vanilla, melted butter and milk. If. Fold in blueberries and chocolate.
Spoon muffins into liners, a little more than a tablespoon each. Bake for 13-16 minutes, or until muffins are cooked through.


I started my assembling all my ingredients, melting the butter, and making the brown sugar.
To make the brown sugar I just put a little more than 3/4 of a cup of white sugar in a food processor and a tablespoon and a half of molasses and let it whirl a while and tada instant brown sugar for a lot cheaper than buying a bag!
Next I set the oven to preheat at 350 and went to work sifting the flour and mixing the dry ingredients. I recommend beating the egg with a fork before incorporating it I feel like it's easier to get it to mix evenly that way. After the muffins where in the oven I set the time for 8 minutes and then when that was up turned the muffin tin and let them bake for 8 more minutes. They came out like below and were DELICIOUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment