Friday, June 17, 2011

on the road

So the journey begins. The trek to New York. I just departed the nursing home with my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin. Papa is still in bad condition, but we are going to Dallas for my uncle’s TAP benefit. It’s Texas Archers for Parkinson’s. We are supposed to leave from there and go to New York on Sunday. If papa’s still hanging on then we are going to take our time on our way there. We may even go to this really cool theme park in Ohio called Cedar Point, it’s like the roller coaster capital of the world J

I miss my grandfather all ready but it’s time for him to go to a better place. My only regret is that I won’t be there to hold his hand while he passes over. I wanted to be there with him, I know how hard it would have been and I understand that it would be traumatizing but I wanted to be there and now I’m not and that’s just something that I will have to live with.

One chapter of life has now ended for me…maybe even a whole volume of life is done, but that just means that it’s time for a new beginning and to make my life truly mine. Live for me and no one else. One thing that I’ve gathered from this experience is that I’ve discovered who I am. Through my grandfather I have found myself, how cliche right? But I’m serious… I never thought I’d be pouring my heart out on the Internet but it really makes me feel better J

-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment