Saturday, August 2, 2014

Raw Organic Unfiltered Shea Butter by Beauty By Shea

I was given the opportunity to try Raw Organic Unfiltered Shea Butter by Beauty By Shea. When I first got this in the mail it arrived on my doorstep. The wonderful UPS man failed to ring the door bell so It came in a melted mess, since Shea butter melts at room temperature. So I had to stick it in the fridge for a little while to get it to firm up. It arrived in this package:

and after firming up looked like this:
The packaging was very subtle, but I liked that the baggy was independent of the cardboard envelope and the mess of the butter was contained. I tried this product a couple different ways, first was on my skin as a moisturizer. I'm currently pregnant and this felt great to rub on my belly, it is thick so you have to rub it between your hands a bit to melt it. I also used it as a deep conditioner in my hair, I applied it to my damp hair in the morning and then tied it up in a bun. I washed it out that night and allowed it to air dry. I didn't really see a difference in my hair, but I only tried it once maybe it needs more applications. 
The smell of the product is a little off putting to me, it smells woody. This can be resolved by also rubbing some essential oil in your hand when you melt the Shea butter in your hands. I feel like this product will make a great base for home made lotions and salves. I love that it doesn't have all the gross stuff in it that commercial Shea butter contains since it isn't refined.
I would recommend this product. Other uses for Raw Shea Butter includes: 
1. Dry skin
02. skin rash
03. Skin peeling, after tanning
04. Blemishes and wrinkles
05. Itching skin
06. Sunburn
07. Shaving cream for a smooth silky shave.
08. Small skin wounds
09. Skin cracks
10. Tough or rough skin (on feet.)
11. Cold weather,
12. Frost bites
13. Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
14. Insect bites
15. Healthy skin
16. Muscle fatigue, aches and tension
17. For before and after strenuous exercise
18. Skin allergies such as poison ivy or poison oak
19. Eczema
20. Dermatitis
21. Skin damage from heat
*This is derived from a tree nut so if you have a tree nut allergy DO NOT use this product.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment