Monday, August 25, 2014

Vita Nut Milk Bag

I've never had Almond milk or any kind so I thought that this would be an interesting product to test out.
This can be used to make almond milk, hemp milk, greek yogurt, and many other things! This has been my coffee maker the past few days since I busted mine...MMMM cold brew can you feel my enthusiasm? Any way I decided what better way to test this out than to make Almond milk? So I researched a little and concocted a recipe that I decided to give a shot. I pulled pieces of this recipe of pinterest and some from the ebook that I received with the milk bag. The recipe is as follows:
  • 1 cup of almonds
  • 4 cups of water
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
The almonds need to soak for 24 hours in just enough water to cover them. When you are ready to make the milk rinse the almond and put them in the blender.
After you gather all your ingredients blend the 4 cups water and the 1 cup of almonds for about a minute.
Then add in all the other ingredients and blend for about 30 seconds. How easy, right!?
next you put your milk bag in a larger mixing bowl or something large and spouted so you can pour easily. Pour the milk through the bag into the bowl and squeeze the heck out of the bag to get all the milk out. I wish I got a picture of this, but I only have 2 hands.
Tadaaaa! Squeezed milk. Just pour in a container!
Here's the finished product it yielded a quart and will keep in the fridge for 5-7 days. And all that awesome alomond pulp you strained out with the bag?
That can make almond flour/meal by being spread on a baking sheet and popped in the oven at 170 for 4 hours. 

This bag completely served its purpose! There are no little almond bits in my milk and it is so good! The bag makes it so easy I can't wait to make more!




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment